Profile - Department of Oral Medicine & Radiology
Oral medicine is the speciality of dentistry that is concerned with the oral health care of medically compromised patients and with the diagnosis and non surgical management of medically related disorders or conditions affecting the oral maxillofacial region. Elementary to this vision are the following –
- Identification of the relations of oral and systemic health.
- Management of pharmacotherapeutics essential for treatment of oral and systemic diseases.
- Reasearch, teaching, continuing education and patient care.
- Prevention and treatment of disorders of salivary gland disease, Orofacial pain and other disorders of oral mucous membranes.
Oral Medicine and Radiology
“Creating dental health professionals embodied with the light of knowledge and spirit of compassion."
- Equipping future dentists with comprehensive skill sets and expertise
- Raising the standards of dental health education by imparting extra mural education under the mentorship of leading academicians
Journal of Contemporary Dentistry
Official Publication of MGM Dental College and Hospital