Infrastructure - Department of Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics
Dental Chairs: In terms of infrastructure, the department provides 39 dental chairs for patients at the under-graduate level and 11 chairs at the post-graduate level.
20-Seater Seminar Room, Library and Laboratory: The department also has a seminar room where presentations are delivered and academic discussions are conducted. A small departmental library is adequately stocked with textbooks, which can be referred to by everybody.
For patients: excellent, affordable dental care.
An ideal environment for learning
Pre-clinical Section: Training in the second year of under graduation involves activities to be performed on teeth mounted on phantom heads before they actually enter clinics and start working on patients in the subsequent year.
Making inroads in the utilization of cutting Edge technology
Continuing Dental Education Wing
- Promote and encourage continual and lifelong education of the dental professional beyond graduation, by presenting outstanding programs by recognized clinicians and educators who have demonstrated expertise in their respective fields of endeavor.
- Disseminate new information and advancing technology for practical application by the dental professional.
- Encourage and assist the dental professional to achieve higher levels of skills, knowledge, and competence.
- From 2012, these Courses will be open to all Dentists who wish to widen their clinical horizons in Endodontics.
- Hon. Professor Dr. Nandana R. Patil conducts Hands-On Sessions and Lectures in Endodontics with the Department Staff , and shares her academic and clinical expertise with the graduating students on changing trends in research and technology
Sterilization and equipment
- The department offers digital radiographic analysis to its patients The undergraduate students make use of a radiography unit placed in the department premises
- The clinical skills of the operator are enhanced by several electronic devices like pulp testers and fiber optic illumination
- Light cure composite kits are regularly used with the spirit of propagating aesthetic dentistry to the common man at very affordable prices
- For enhanced patient and operator safety, the use of rubber dam kits is emphasized upon
- Operator convenience and efficiency is greatly enhanced in the clinics with a four-handed dentistry approach
- A kit for Bleaching of Discoloured Teeth and Rotary Endodontic Equipment is provided.
- Thermoplasticized materials for root canal fillings, including Obtura II and Therma Prep.